MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — A fire at Mountaineer Court Apartments caused about $30,000 in damage to two apartments, but no one was injured Tuesday afternoon.
Investigators concluded that a fire in apartment 202 began due to several battery rechargeable devices. The fire then spread to an inflatable mattress.
A maintenance worker called 911 at 12:05 p.m.
Nobody was home at the time of the fire. The sprinkler system activated shortly after and extinguished it, but also caused water damage to apartment 101, which is directly below 202.